|Opportunities to Help Others|
At First Baptist Church, we strive to show God's love to others in many ways. One of these ways is by meeting the needs of others. This page is updated when we receive new requests from various sources that are needing help. We hope that this will provide you a place to serve.
If interested in mission activities or service projects......Check this list...........
Beside each mission, is a FBC member(s) who participates with this
service. Contact them if interested in more information.
* Tutoring school children (Evelyn Fink, Mary Ellen Darby)
* Constructing wheelchair ramps (John Burton)
* Volunteering at thrift stores (Betty Watkins)
* Volunteering at rural health clinic (Gail Avent)
* Volunteering to raise money for American Cancer Society
* Leading in women's weekly Bible study (Robbie Pinkerton)
* Performing musical programs at retirement homes
(Greg & Lisa Williams)
* Volunteering with Appalachian Outreach (Jim Wilson)
* Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity (Jeff Chitwood)
* Helping internationals acclimate to U.S. (John & Joan Barnhill)
* Providing transportation for elderly (Jean Love)
* Providing yard work/home maintenance for elderly (David Aldredge)
* Helping cope with grief on death anniversaries (Beverly McClellan)
* Donating regularly blood and plasma (Verner Hansen)
* Knitting clothing for New England seafarers (Shirley Herring)
* Hospital Volunteering @ Jefferson Memorial (Mary Darby)
* Celebrate Recovery (James Diggs)
Invitation to Volunteer
The Jefferson Rural Clinic invites you to become a front desk volunteer. Time involved is your choice: anywhere from two half days a month up to a half-day or two a week. Skills needed include: Ability to operate a very simple computerized Appointment Scheduling program; answering phone; having a listening ear; filing of patient charts, and communicating w/ patients. Training provided. Please call the clinic 471-5525 to sign up.
WISH LIST FOR APPALACHIAN OUTREACH
Cereal (We have not had cereal on our shelves for some time now)
Bags (Walmart size, garbage bags assorted sizes, ziploc bags)
Volunteers to help in the sorting room (especially Wednesday-Friday)
Womens' and Mens' Deodorant
Shampoo and Conditioner
Womens' Gowns and Pajamas
Womens' and Mens' Underwear and Socks
**All household items to be given to residents as they move out - pots, pans, dishes, silverware, glasses, bowls, cups, towels, dish cloths, blankets, sheets (all sizes), etc.
|Last Updated on Monday, 14 July 2014 18:45|